This year we felt passionate about ensuring we delivered a truly joyful Christmas experience to our all children and staff at Alveston. The last day of term was dedicated to Christmas fun in a COVID safe way. The day included a visit from Father Christmas and his elf, DJ Si spinning his wheels of steel with an outdoor disco, Christmas lunch, a class Christmas Party and an online Panto.
In addition, every class and all the staff made virtual Christmas cards to send to one another. These are posted below. On our internal platform, Seesaw, we shared our virtual Christingle service which every class was able to be a part of.
We were delighted to hear from so many parents on Friday and to hear we had succeeded in creating life long memories for our children. Thank you to everyone for taking the time to share your kind words. Here are a selection of your comments:
"The boys had a fantastic last day on Friday so thank you for organising this. The perfect ending to a crazy year!"
"I have thoroughly enjoyed hearing the children screaming in delight from my house today (I'm halfway down on Oak Road!) Santa and a disco will live long in their memories. What a wonderful way to end the year!"
"...a huge thank you for making today so memorable for the children. (My daughter) hopped into the car and said: ‘it has been the BEST day ever....apart from the day I was born because that’s when I met my family.’ Testament indeed!"
"As I drove passed the school this morning, I witnessed such joy in dancing around in the playground. Smiles from all the children. It made me feel really emotional....Thank you for creating that magic today! They needed it and it started the holidays off perfectly!"
We would like to thank the following members of our community for all their support:
- Richard Williams for the Year 6 Christingle Service at St James'
- The Friends of Alveston who provided and wrapped gifts for all our children, snacks for our class parties and paid for the Christmas pantomime, Cinderella.
- Morrison's supermarket for donating Christmas crackers for our Christmas lunch and biscuits for our class parties.
- DJ Si for delivering 7 amazing outdoor discos.
- Father Christmas and Tilley the Elf, who were truly, truly magical as always!
We couldn't have delivered Christmas at Alveston without you! Thank you.