Over the last two weeks of this term, each class has been learning about important, age appropriate online safety messages. Following the spring lockdown and the increased use of IT and the internet at home, we felt it was important to have an early focus on this important topic.
- Reception thought about what to do if they saw something that worried them or they didn't like. They learnt a song to help them remember to ask for help.
- Year 1 focused on the importance of keeping passwords safe and secure.
- Year 2 considered the content of information on the internet - not everything you read or see is always correct and true.
- Year 3 thought about how the real and the online world differ and considered how they should act in each situation.
- Year 4 have been exploring important messages from CEOP and understanding what cyber bullying is.
- Years 5 and 6 have both been exploring how we open ourselves up and expose our private information online. They have looked at age ratings and privacy settings on social media and have considered their online reputations.
If you need support for online safety at home, the following website is very helpful: https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
More support can also be found at
Alternatively please do get in touch with Mrs Newitt, our Online Safety Lead.